Lead Health and Safety Specialist Needed At Baker Hughes Liverpool, UK
Baker Hughes has an opening for a Lead HSE Specialist that will be located in Kirkby, UK.
Being part of our HSE team at site (chemical manufacturing plant), you will support all HSE functions, from developing strategies and policies up to implementing and auditing.
• Maintain regulatory filings and compliance in the areas of EU and Britain Environmental permitting related to emissions, waste management, energy, and raw material.
• Maintain regulatory filings and compliance with COMAH’s HSE facility operations as it relates to safety reporting, emergency response planning, UK fire regulations and industrial hygiene health surveys.
• Ensuring compliance with ISO 14001 certification through audits and self-assessments to assure conformance with BHI HSE management system.
• Facilitating incident investigations and advance the HSE culture to mitigate future re-occurrences, and increase production in HRA participation.
• Oversee specific aspects of health, safety and environmental programs to maintain full compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as internal and external business requirements and driving continuous improvement
• Influence and mentor facility leadership toward the strengthening of an Interdependent HSE Culture
• Develop, prepare and present regular updates to facility leadership on key HSE performance indicators
• Facilitate or lead incident investigations as well as the development and assessment of corrective and preventative actions
• Analyze incident and near miss trends to identify emerging issues and recommend corrective actions
• Perform self-assessments and audits to assure conformance with Baker Hughes HSE management system
• Oversee employee health programs including chemical risk assessment, respiratory protection, ergonomics and hearing protection
• Serve as HSE specialist for process hazard analyses, management of change, incident investigation, hot work permitting, emergency planning and response.
• Bachelor’s degree in health and safety, environmental science, or other relevant field
• Several years of HSE experience in a manufacturing / industrial environment
• Proven written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to effectively interact with site management and field operations personnel
• Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, team building and influencing skills
• Thorough understanding of safety and environmental regulations and regulatory process
• Ability to research, analyze, interpret and implement HSE regulations, standards, and best practices
• Ability to work independently and see projects through completion
• Experience in HSE management systems and auditing
• Experience in root cause investigation techniques
• Designation as a CSS, CSP, CES certifications
• Understanding of EU regulations
• Experience with implementing and maintaining ISO 14001